11.11.08

eat your veggies, brats!

i tested joanna's beer brats tonight and they changed my life.
steamed seitan sausages, pioneered by julie hasson, is so incredible. combine the great texture with joanna's knack for flavoring (and a palate that sees eye-to-eye with mine - never mind the nonsensical nature of that metaphor) and you wind up with logs of straight genius. i tried one tonight, grilled for a few minutes on the stovetop and slathered with brown mustard, and it was phenomenal. rumor has it they're even better when cooled and reheated. i can't imagine.

i was hanging out with handsome william a couple weeks ago and he was eating some mixed veg for dinner. i have to admit i snuck a few bites (taking veggies from babies?!) and realized i haven't been including enough produce in my diet. so i sliced and steamed some carrots and quick-cooked some peas + corn to serve with my seitan and dare i say they rivaled the star of the plate. i will never understand people who claim to not like vegetables.

the final great thing about this dinner is that it will make my, indeed would make any, mother proud!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I just this moment finally realized what the name of your blog is referencing. I have no idea why I only realized today, either.

I feel especially clueless now.

And I like your carrots.

n/a said...

I think I'm goign to have to make those for my boyfriend! Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh.....corn is a grain and peas are a legume, not vegetables. :p

amy said...

i took a botany class in college.
when i talk about my food, i use the generic "vegetables."

oh...spellcheck.

Tami said...

Great dinner!

v said...

Love veggie ...