3.10.08

veganmofo #3: veganmofa

okay, so far not so good.

i started out the month on a high note, with that ice cream. but i've been really tired and uninspired the last couple of days, so not much cooking is going on. so i'm dedicating this veganmofo post to two awesome non-food items i've recently acquired. this is my Vegan Month of Fashion post. (ignore that only half of it's fashion-related.)

1. down alternative comforter

i've wanted to get one of these for a few years - at least since i moved back to the northeast. i finally broke down and snagged one from overstock.com and, MAN, am i happy i did. (note: dog also thrilled.) it's giving me all the weight and warmth of a down comforter with none of the bad karma hauntings that come with snuggling under a coat of feathers that were never intended for me. i'm stupid for having waited so long to get one. (for other reasons, surely, but this one is at my mind's forefront.)

2. faux leather jacket

again, been wanting this forevers. i keep my dad's old leather bomber jacket, but it's both beat up and sad, so i don't wear it very often. but i really love the look of a plain leather-like jacket. i found this one at urban outfitters online (go ahead, judge me) and took a chance. it really could have gone either way: totally sucky or freaking awesome. lucky for me, it was the latter. this jacket makes me feel hot. and not because i'm wearing it while snuggled under my new comforter, either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you 100% on the faux leather jacket love. I am into mine like crazy (and $30!).

IsaChandra said...

This season the runway is screaming "comforter."

Jes said...

The jacket is super cute! And hells yes on the uber snuggly bird friendly comforter!

Terry Hope Romero said...

Oh love love the pleather! I went all crazy last spring and bought a slew of cheaply Target faux leather jackets. But I have to say the wicked UO ones are a zillion times nicer. But sometimes we have to go the distance for a decent bit of polyurethane.